<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6268487116956548848\x26blogName\x3dAbsit+Invidia\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://butabanasaurus.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://butabanasaurus.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d9198394895490900188', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

 

 

Thursday, 20 September 2012

[ ..两年.. ]

The last time I ever met him was two years ago. Prior to that last meeting I always see him at different places. Honestly, I don't even remember anything we talked about whenever we chanced upon each other. But every time I saw him, I'll flush, stutter and become clumsier than ever.

Today it was the same. After two years, I finally met him again. Two years.

I don't even recognise him any more. In fact, I don't recognise the name on the new, sharp and sleek card he handed me.

"Suwa, we've met before. Don't you remember?"

I looked at him. Then, my eyes scanned the name card once more. And I looked back at him.

"Oh my god, it's you! How many years had it been?" Rhetorical question, really, because the second I recognised him, my mind automatically flashed back to the last time we met. Two years ago, June, 2010.

I looked at him for a few more seconds, just to see what's changed. Nothing much. Spectacles, friendly eyes, sharp nose... but he looked different some how.

Oh... it's the 5pm shadow that he's sporting now. Not bad. He looked like the grown up version of himself from two years ago. That clean shaven office boy look is gone. I very much prefer that shadow now.

We talked. Catch up on each other's work. We talked about the crime rates in the country now. As usual, nothing personal.

When the event ended, I approached him to bid goodbye.

"I'll have to make a move now."

"Going back to the office?"

"Yeah" I lied. I could never concentrate on anything if I head back to the office.

"Oh, alright then. Really nice to see you again"

I stretched out my hand, he gripped it for a firm handshake. We smiled.

"Nice meeting you again"

"If you ever come to Singapore, just give me a call, alright?"

"Yeah sure! You can be my tour guide!" I said, jokingly.

"I'm still not too familiar with the place, but I can try!" He chuckled.

"Goodbye"

"See you again"

I turned around and never look back again.

I'm pretty sure that the chances of me meeting him again is smaller than ever.

I looked at the name card he gave me, I can assure you that I'll never have the courage to give him a call if I ever step into Singapore.

But if fate exists, I'll be seeing him again after the next two years pass us by.

Really nice talking to you again, Tze.

じゃ また ね。 (。・ω・)ノ゙

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

:: stitched on` ::*|00:07|

:: [0] care[s] ::

--------------------------------------------------------

Newer›  ‹Older



:: ..it is me.. ::
--------------------------------------
suwas.jpg
Ailurophile. Irascible. Desultory. Furtive.

Me

:: ..Type Here.. ::
--------------------------------------


:: ..pages i stalk.. ::
---------------------------------------
..queen of mushrooms..
..best page on earth..


:: ..Tick Tock.. :: --------------------------------------

:: ..Calender 2013.. ::

June
---------------------------------------




::..Wishes.. ::
--------------------------------------
~ eternal financial stability, bitch
~ Tokyo solo 2013
~ to Japan, I go for second time!
~ to Japan, I go!
~ Canon G12
~ Superheadz Ultra Wide and Slim!
~ Superheadz Golden Half!
~ new camera!
~ a studio home
~ publish a novel/short stories compilation


:: ..Crédits.. ::
--------------------------------------
Blog Désign: Michiika
Photo: SuuwaXSupatenshi