<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6268487116956548848\x26blogName\x3dAbsit+Invidia\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://butabanasaurus.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://butabanasaurus.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d9198394895490900188', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

 

 

Sunday, 24 July 2011

[ ..dear amy.. ]

''I've always been a little homemaker. I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing. I was put here to be a wife and a mum and to look after my family. I love what I do, but it's not where it begins and ends.'' Amy Winehouse.


Dear Amy,


It was a sunny afternoon when I watched the 2008 Grammy Awards. A friend asked me out that day but I told her to give me an hour. She asked why, and I told her that I need to be there when Amy Winehouse wins all six nominations for the Grammy. She was surprised. "I never knew you listen to R&B!"

I don't. I never liked R&B. Until I found you. And you are the only R&B musician that I genuinely like and enjoy.

I think this may come out as a surprise to most people because nobody really know that I like your music. I admit, I was really quiet about it. But anyway, this is not about me. This is about you.

When you won five out of six nominations in the Grammy, I was happy beyond words. I remembered that I was really angry the next day when Natalie Cole criticised the Grammy for awarding you while you are known more as an addict.

To this day, I still dislike Natalie Cole. No matter what she does or whenever I see her name in anywhere, I will automatically remember what she said about you.

She was wrong. She was blinded by the tabloid. Awards are not suppose to be about awarding a singer for his/her conducts or personalities.  Awards should be given to those who are really good at what they do and deserve it. Without a doubt, you deserve your five Grammys.

Nobody understand you problems. Nobody knew who you are. Yet everybody has something to say about you. I do not know you therefore, I decided to say nothing about you.

I was waiting for you to win the fight against addiction. I was waiting for the day when you come back stronger and louder. When I heard that you are on tour, my hopes for your new album lit up. When I heard about your bad performances, I hope you would deal with your personal problems first, so that you can continue doing what you love to do best.

When I heard that you are now gone forever, for some reason, I have to say, I am not surprised but I am very shocked and sadden by this news.

I can deal with my hopes being crashed and that I will never hear you sing another new tune anymore. But I cannot deal with the fact that, you never had the chance to prove yourself to the world that you are more than just a drug addict and a victim to addiction.

Yes, you chose the wrong path when you took your first snort. But no one ever deserve to die alone like this.

For those who said that you deserve no sympathy because you chose this path, they are wrong. You chose to try but not chose to be addicted. Nobody chose to be addicted. Nobody ever wants to feel like that at all.

I still don't know what happened to you yesterday but I have a feeling that maybe, this is the only way you can find peace. Maybe, this is the way you 'fight' the addiction. I don't know. Maybe, it is really time for you to go away, far far away from people who hurt you.

I am not going to judge you, I am not going to blame the people around you (although, I have slight hatred towards your lousy parents). I am just going to remember you and your voice.

The Amy Winehouse I knew was the tiny, too-skinny girl, beehive hairdo and way too much eyeliner with voice that I cannot find elsewhere on earth. After all, who are Adele and Duffy if not because of you, Amy Winehouse? People tend to forget about your talents just because of your problems.

For some of us, your talents are bigger than anything the tabloid portrayed you to be. So don't worry, you will be forever recognised as a great singer.

How I wish I can watch you live on stage, sober, and singing your songs aloud in happiness or in tears.

How is the world going to replace such an extraordinary talent like you? It's hard to know. But for now, we all know that you are going to be a legend. A story that need to be told to everyone so that they will know how bad addiction can ruin a person's life.


No matter how bad a death can be, I believe there is always something good that comes with it. I can only hope people will open their eyes and learn about drug abuse and try their very best to quit it before anything happen to them.

Dear Amy, you will be dearly missed but your voice will continued be heard by generations and generations to come. You will live forever in our hearts. I just want you to know that there are people like us who will continue to love you despite your bad sides.

I can only wish there are more than just 24 songs from you.

Goodbye, Amy. I hope you may attain peace and serenity now. Goodbye.

from,
a quiet fan.

:: stitched on` ::*|22:26|

:: [0] care[s] ::

--------------------------------------------------------

Newer›  ‹Older



:: ..it is me.. ::
--------------------------------------
suwas.jpg
Ailurophile. Irascible. Desultory. Furtive.

Me

:: ..Type Here.. ::
--------------------------------------


:: ..pages i stalk.. ::
---------------------------------------
..queen of mushrooms..
..best page on earth..


:: ..Tick Tock.. :: --------------------------------------

:: ..Calender 2013.. ::

June
---------------------------------------




::..Wishes.. ::
--------------------------------------
~ eternal financial stability, bitch
~ Tokyo solo 2013
~ to Japan, I go for second time!
~ to Japan, I go!
~ Canon G12
~ Superheadz Ultra Wide and Slim!
~ Superheadz Golden Half!
~ new camera!
~ a studio home
~ publish a novel/short stories compilation


:: ..Crédits.. ::
--------------------------------------
Blog Désign: Michiika
Photo: SuuwaXSupatenshi